TREKKING LARES – MACHU PICCHU 4 DAYS
It is an adventure tour around the Sacred Valley of Lares Valley – Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu. We walked about 7-8 hours a day at an altitude of 2900 meters, and we have unrivaled panoramic views of the extraordinary peaks and magnificent Lake Valley. Camping in a community where we can appreciate art and textile town of Lares.
The hot springs of Lares are among the most famous Inca baths Cusco region (3250 m). Located in the Valley of Lares, it is especially famous for the medicinal properties of its waters. The trail passes through ancient native forests, cut the roads of the Inca, observe typical breathtaking landscapes of high mountains, reaching the pools where you can enjoy a refreshing spa and well deserved bath.
We leave Cusco very early in the morning 5:00 da.m. and allocated to the Sacred Valley of the Incas with a walk, reaching the thermal baths of Lares Trek. In this place you will have free time to swim. After lunch, we started walking for about 4 hours to reach our camp at an altitude of 3750 meters.
After breakfast, we continue our walk through the valley to reach the Huacawasi community, here people produce tissues and can observe their great skills and brilliant techniques in the fabrication of ponchos and clothing.
Passing the village we begin to climb to the second step of Condorpasa Open (4450 m). From here we can see a breathtaking view of Mount Veronica 5750 meters. Go down about 1 hour to reach the beautiful Ipsaycocha lagoon, where our camp will be 3900 meters.
After breakfast down the valley to reach the Willoc community where we had lunch, here takes about two hours to reach the Pumamarka community where we will appreciate the Inca terraces, finally we got to Ollantaytambo, located in a fertile valley and protected by huge mountains.
This is a perfect place to enjoy most of the archaeological remains left by our ancestors and a variety of flora and fauna.
Then drove to the Ollantaytambo station where we boarded the train that will take us to Aguas Calientes, we will train for 02 hours aproximadamnete.
Accommodation in a comfortable hotel.
(6:00 am) After breakfast, we will take the bus to take us to the Inca city of Machu Picchu in this way can be one of the first groups within the city Inka, allowing us to enjoy a beautiful sunrise then we will have approximately for two hours, visit the most important compounds with their guide, so you can explore the mysterious city on their own. (Optional climb of the mountain huayanapicchu cost $ 15 USD).
In due time, we went down to Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes to board the train back to Cusco.
WHAT TO BRING TO WALK LARES - MACHUPICCHU
- Boots / walking shoes (waterproof)
- Backpack (30 to 40 liters)
- Comfortable clothes for walking
- rain gear or poncho
- wool socks (keep warm when wet)
- Sandals or camping lightweight shoes
- Warm clothes, including jacket, wool
- thermal clothing (sleep)
- Sleeping bag
- walking sticks
- Flashlight batteries + extras
- Hat (sun, rain and cold)
- bottle of water
- medical team kit
- Insect repellent
- Toilet paper
- Pocket money (soles)
- original passport
- Extra horse to walk on the road if necessary.
- Sleeping bag (you can rent in our office).
SHARED TOURISM SERVICE STANDARD:
Private tour SERVICE
- Transfer from your hotel in the morning
- Cusco bus to homes (which is the slope)
- Professional bilingual guide
- Food 4 breakfast / 4 lunch / dinner 3
- Head and kitchen equipment
- Riders and horses (to carry tents, food and cooking equipment)
- Train ticket Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo
- Night hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Double tents for up to 3 people
- Tents (mattresses, chairs), dining tent, kitchen
- Oxygen bottle
- First aid kit
- First breakfast and lunch on the fourth day
- Entry into Wayna Picchu Mountain (optional USD $ 20)
- Sleeping bag (you can rent at our office for $ 30 for the whole tour)