CHOQUEQUIRAO 4 DAYS
Located around the Salkantay Mountain (3,035 meters above sea level), surrounded by the snow-capped mountains of Yanama, Ampay, Choquetacarpu and Pumasillo. Located across the river from the province of St. Teresa of Apurimac.
Choquequirao is an Inca town formed by small sites, and has an adjacent building similar to those of other regions of the metropolis, called with the same name “Choquequirao”.
At 05:00 am, we will pick you up from your hotel and leave Cusco in our private transport, which will take us to the town of San Pedro de Cachora (2800 masl) where you will have time for breakfast. Here, we find the rest of our travel staff (chefs, porters and horses). We will begin the long journey that will take us between 7-8 hours. On the way, you can also see a wide variety of landscapes from different climates, such as snowy Pedrayoc, flora and fauna diversity embellish our journey.
Today, we walk 7-8 hours in the mountains. Finally, we reach the "El Mirador Capulichayoc", where we can see the deepest canyon in the world who knows the Apurimac and through which the majestic Apurimac flows.
Here is where we will have our first lunch and from where you can see the first sights of Choquequirao. Continue to decrease to CHIKISKA (1,800 masl) where our stores are established, spend the night surrounded by a majestic landscape.
After a good breakfast, we start walking up to 5 hours and then stop at Marcapata for lunch and after our tour full Choquequirao = "Golden Cradle" which is considered the sister city of Machu Picchu, as there are several similarities. It hangs 1,500 meters above the Apurimac Canyon.
Machu Picchu is above the Urubamba Canyon.
They are in the same latitude and great Inca cities, Choquequirao in 8 hectares, only one third was discovered and where every day archeologists find something more interesting. We will observe the three levels of the ruins found where we could appreciate houses, terraces and other parts of the Inca City.
We will also have a great chance to see the flight of the Condor.
At dawn, we can see the sunrise over the ruins and after a good breakfast to start the same way as we climbed up to reach our camp at Chiquisca.
Today, we get up at 6:00 am to the early breakfast, accompanied by the first rays of sun that tower over the Canyon of Apurimac. Walking time to Cachora is between 5 and 7 hours, depending on their physical condition. Arrival to Cachora and private transportation back to Cusco.
End of services.
- Original passport.
- ISIC card (www.isic.org), if applicable (must be submitted at time of booking).
- Sleeping bag (can be rented at the agency).
- Boots and sandals walk (very important).
- trekking poles (can be rented at the agency).
- Coats: coats of different temperatures, especially at night. Thermal / gloves / scarves. wool socks / woolen hat for cold nights, t-shirts for the whole walk
- (Very important) lighthouse.
- Camera and extra batteries.
- protective sun / hat and sunglasses.
- Kit personal physician.
- Insect repellent.
- rain gear: a good raincoat and pants and a plastic rain poncho rain.
- Toilet paper.
- small towel.
- Extra money for drinks and gratuities, souvenirs, etc. (Soles or dollars).
- Swimsuit for hot springs (optional).
- water bottle (recommended 1 liter).
- Meet you at your hotel in the morning
- Private transfer Cusco to Cachora, (the starting point of our walk)
- Professional bilingual guide
- Food 4 breakfast / 4 lunch / dinner 3
- Cooking and cooking
- Riders and horses (which are responsible for loading food and camping equipment)
- Transfer back to Cusco Cachora
- Double tents for up to 3 people
- Tents (matrazsillas), dining tent, kitchen
- Oxygen ball
- Dinner on the last day
- Sleeping bag (you can rent at our office $ 25 USD for the entire trip)